Photos by Rob Cowitz
Welcome to One Yoga in the Park 2012! We are excited to say this will be our 5th annual event and we cannot wait to share this important day with you! If you are here for the "Where's Tasha?" photo contest, click here.
- What: A giant, karma yoga event where everyone practices yoga together while creating an incredible atmosphere full of energy and intention to help end poverty.
- Date: Sunday, August 12, 2012
- Time: Registration at 9:00am, Yoga at 10:08am
- Place: Southwest greenspace in Riley Park, NW Calgary. [FINALIZED]
- Entrance Fee**: By donation -- suggested $20 minimum
- One free nutbar for donations of $10+ or if you are 18 years old or under
- One free juice for donations of $20+ or if you are 18 years old or under
- Free yoga mat for donations of $40+ while supplies last (participant must be present at the event)
- Door prizes & draw prizes
- Chosen Projects: Seed Paddy Comes Out Trumps!; The Eco-Stove Solution; Tihueliske - Women's Education Program; Micro-Credit Bank: Fineboy Town Centre #2; and Secondary School Construction
- Why Attend?: Practice yoga outside with our yoga teacher, Jamie Cameron; 100% of the proceeds go directly to the projects; meet like-minded people; do your part to help change the world; live music; food & beverages.
Before the event:
- RSVP on our Facebook event page
- Tweet #OneYoga2012
- Get friends/co-workers together and create a team (Maximum 10 people per team)
- Raise money on your own or with a team (download the cash pledge form here)
Prizes will be awarded to the individual who raises the most money as well as the team that raises the most money.
Prize Contributors: Lululemon Athletica, Crave: Cookies and Cupcakes, The Running Room, Bank of Montreal, Oolong Tea House, Moksha Yoga Calgary, The Yoga Studio South, Bodhi Tree Yoga Centre, Soul Connexion, Talisman Centre, Yoga for Health, Harmony Yoga & Pilates Studio, Radha Yoga Centre, Yoga & Meditation Centre Calgary, Bikram Yoga South, Starbucks, Cactus Club, RnR Wellness, and the Calgary Folk Music Festival.
Can't attend?: Click on the projects above and donate online!
Sponsors: Graycon Group, First on Colour, Edible Rebellion, One Love Wear, Aaron Paramedical Services, and The Fresh Squeeze.
**Tax receipts issued for $25+.
Questions or comments?: Natasha Wengrowich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Introducing the Musicians for One Yoga in the Park 2012: Eily Aurora and Trevor Uruski
On behalf of the UEnd team, our volunteers, and our supporters, we welcome both Eily Aurora and Trevor Uruski as the musicians for One Yoga in the Park 2012! We would also like to thank them for agreeing to contribute to this event; both of them are essential elements to the success of One Yoga in the Park 2012. Come on August 12, 2012 to take part in this year's One Yoga in the Park and experience the uplifting and invigorating sounds of these very talented musicians.
Eily Aurora: Music for the Soul
Eily Aurora is a gifted musician who creates Soulscapes for Wellbeing with the soothing vibrations of harp, crystal bowls and voice. Her improvisational compositions and moving vocals deeply calm listeners, taking one on a journey from the head to the heart. Through her heart-centred music and commitment to be the change she wants to see in the world, Eily strives to act as a role model for peace on a local and global scale. Based in Calgary, Canada, she has played at venues like MacEwan Hall, for Mayoral audiences, and at prominent community events such as the Planetary Healing Mandela.
Eily is deeply inspired by UEnd: Poverty’s vision. After having contributed to the Calgary yoga community for the last two years by playing for classes, workshops and retreats, she is thrilled to be performing alongside Trevor Uruski for this year’s One Yoga in the Park on August 12, 2012.
Accompanying Eily Aurora will be Trevor Uruski. Trevor will be joining One Yoga in the Park 2012 by providing his gifted talents as a musician. Participants of the event will take in the unique sound of Trevor's digeridoo as well as the soundscapes he will provide. Trevor Uruski is a didgeridoo performer, teacher and healer. He is a soundscape and vocal artist, spiritual writer, poet, friend and guide. For several years now, he has been a spiritual aspirant who shares the fruits of his labour through music, presence, word and sound. If all of this hasn't made Trevor Uruski an inspiring individual already, he is also a seeker and collaborator for personal and social healing projects through heart-based energy field immersion.
When Trevor was asked to join us at One Yoga in the Park 2012 to provide his didgeridoo music, he did not hesitate in saying yes. He is a passionate individual and is very excited to be contributing to the worthy cause that UEnd: Poverty is undertaking.
Get ready for One Yoga in the Park 2012 by getting into a Sunday yoga routine with Calgary Outdoor Yoga!
Calgary Outdoor Yoga
Every Sunday in Stanley Park at 12 noon!
Join us every Sunday in Stanley Park (SW Calgary) at 12 noon for an all levels Vinyasa Flow yoga class - all you need is a mat - we will have a few to lend out as well if you forget yours!
Where: Stanley Park - take Macleod Trail and turn west on 42nd Ave - park in the parking lot and we will be through the trees! Donation class of $5-$10 - portion of each class goes to www.kiva.org to help small businesses all over the world
Join our Facebook & Twitter pages for regular updates:
Calgary Outdoor Yoga
***Classes start every year in April and close off end of October for the winter :)